Our Customs brokerage team comprise several Nominee Licenced Customs Brokers and appropriately trained support staff. At organisational and staff level, we possess the necessary accreditation in Customs and Quarantine (DAWR) formalities to ensure the highest standard of compliance and accuracy in Import Declarations prepared and submitted. Our staff have significant education, experience and undertake regular training to ensure they are kept up to date with the latest government legislative requirements which may affect your business.
There is much to learn when importing goods into Australia and engaging a knowledgeable customs broker is crucial to saving time and money. Australia’s strict Quarantine Laws work to protect our borders against exotic pests and diseases. Imported goods are also required by law to be assessed for correct customs duty, GST and other taxes, as well as in some cases community protection risks. The consequences for not adhering to these laws aside from costly delays , are significant fines and prosecution.
All consignments are processed and customs formal entries are created via an industry specialist computer interface system. Our brokers maintain a database unique to each customer, based on product codes and corresponding Customs and Community Protection concerns. This detail is profiled with each formal customs entry generated, which helps to eliminate any errors or omissions that might otherwise occur.
Our services include but not limited to:
- Electronic customs clearance formalities
- Lodgement of import declarations to Australian Customs & Border Protection Service
- Department of Agriculture – Quarantine clearance attendance at inspections and both import & export permit applications
- Shipment monitoring and status reports
- Landed into -store costing facilities
- Transit reports
- Purchase Order Management
- Imported Food Inspection (IFIP) formalities & inspections
- Duty drawback submission
- Tariff, Valuation & Legislation consulting services
- Australian Trusted Trader consultation (EOI)